In willekeurige volgorde. Dit zijn de 19 beste quotes van Jennifer Lawrence. Dat Jennifer Lawrence briljant is, weten we al lang. Er is niemand die zo gracieus kan struikelen tijdens de Oscars en er daarna gelijk geweldige grappen over kan maken.
En ze is ook zo lekker gewoon. Zoals die keer dat ze haar held Jeff Bridges kon ontmoeten bij Comic-Con en ze als een nerveus schoolmeisje giechelend wegrende:
Maar naast deze fun en realness, is ze ook nog eens een enorm goede actrice, een stijlicoon en een rolmodel voor vele jonge meisjes. Uit de volgende quotes blijkt waarom:
Ze haat diëten
- 1. I dont really diet or anything. Im miserable when I’m dieting and I like the way I look. Im really sick of all these actresses looking like birds… Id rather look a little chubby on camera and look like a person in real life, than look great on screen and look like a scarecrow in real life.
- 2. I hate saying, I like exercising. I want to punch people who say that in the face. But its nice being in shape for a movie, because they basically do it all for you. Its like Here’s your trainer. This is what you can eat. I dont diet. I do exercise! But I dont diet. You can’t work when youre hungry, you know?
- 3. In Hollywood, Im obese. Im considered a fat actress. I eat like a caveman. Ill be the only actress that doesnt have anorexia rumors! Im never going to starve myself for a part. Im invincible. I dont want little girls to be like Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so Im going to skip dinner!
- 4. I think that people are built the way that theyre built. Theres that Kate Moss quote thats like Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels and I can name a lot of things that taste better than skinny feels: bread, potatoes a Philly cheesesteak and fries.
Maakt tijd voor friends
- 5. As hard as it is and as tired as I am, I force myself to get dinner at least once a week with my girlfriends, or have a sleepover. Otherwise my life is just work.
- 6. Im a horrible dancer! I’m like a dad at prom. I look like Gumby getting electrocuted.
- 7. Im the fastest pee-er ever. Im famous for it.
- 8. Once I’m obsessed with somebody, I’m terrified of them instantly. I’m not scared of them I’m scared of me and how I will react. Like, for instance, one time someone was introducing me to Bill Maher, and I saw Meryl Streep walk into the room, and I literally put my hand right in Bill Maher’s face and said, Not now, Bill! and I just stared at Meryl Streep.
- 9. Of toen ze Jack Nicholson tegen het lijf liep…
Kan vallen en weer opstaan
- 10. You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell and thats really embarrassing, but thank you.
(Na haar gracieuze struikelmoment bij de de Oscars)
Neemt haar werk niet te serieus
- 11. Its almost like I subconsciously dont want to work anymore, so Im trying to ruin my career. [I lied and told someone] Im pregnant! […] I did this to the New York Times. My publicist called me and was like, This is the New York Times. Be serious. And then I found myself talking about orgies in three seconds.
- 12. I really would not call myself a fashion icon. I would call myself somebody who gets dressed by professionals. [Its like], Dance, monkey, dance right on the red carpet. I would call me more of a monkey.
- 13. I like the financial security because I know how hard it is for so many people who struggle to earn a living. Im grateful I dont have to worry about money and I can live very freely and do something I love and get paid very well to do it. I tell my friends to slap me if they ever think Im getting full of myself.
Deelt schattige insights uit huize Lawrence
- 14. As soon as somebody farts around me, I think its hilarious. This is something my brothers did that now the boys at work are obsessed with. You cup it, and then you throw it in someone’s face and say, Take a bite out of that cheeseburger!
- 15. I was a big liar when I was child. I was just like a pathological liar when I was a kid. I think I just wanted to one-up somebody. Somebody would be like, Oh, God, my legs hurt. Id be like, Your legs hurt? Im getting mine amputated next week. And thats actually how my mother found out. She came to school and somebody was like, God, thats such a shame about Jennifers legs. She made me purge. I had to spill out all of my lies. I was like, I said that Dad drove a barge, and we were millionaires, and you were pregnant, I had to get my legs amputated, and I spayed cats and dogs on the weekends. Now I cant lie. Now I get anxiety over it. Its a good thing.
She’s just like all of us…
- 16. If I don’t have anything to do all day, I might not even put my pants on.
- 17. It doesn’t matter how much money I make, unfairness in prices really fires me up. Like shopping in L.A. and a T-shirt costs $150.
En geeft goede adviezen
- 18. Dont worry about the bitches that could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life.
- 19. I like the financial security because I know how hard it is for so many people who struggle to earn a living. Im grateful I dont have to worry about money and I can live very freely and do something I love and get paid very well to do it. I tell my friends to slap me if they ever think Im getting full of myself.